Taking advantage of the 'halo effect'
TV advertising remains a powerful channel for its broad reach and huge capabilities of maximising brand recognition. However, it’s a fact that a massive 95% of viewers now use another screen while watching TV. This so-called ‘halo effect’ creates the opportunity to leverage readily available, sophisticated cross device marketing tactics to amplify your brand and boost advertising campaign effectiveness.
Search is key
Ebiquity’s recent and important Payback Study has revealed that while TV is the most efficient overall media channel, search comes in at second place. And we’re not simply talking TVCs. Television sporting and cultural events, high impact programs and series (even the weather conditions) also trigger huge amounts of online searches.
So amplifying your brand message with a precisely synchronised SEM campaign - usually via the big two channels of Google and Facebook - doesn’t just make sense. It’s become vital to maximising your advertising dollar.
You don’t even have to be a TV advertiser or program broadcaster to exploit this rapidly increasing, extremely cost effective wave of moment marketing. You can
- Trigger digital conversations by positioning search ads when pre-determined keywords appear on TV
- Conquest competitors’ television buys by driving related search traffic to your own website
- Even activate SEM campaigns synced with the weather conditions.
All backed up, of course, by advanced data analytics – both of all relevant TV moments and every aspect of your own campaign.
Here are four ways to boost online engagement for cross device marketing:
- Optimise for Mobile - In your short time to make an impact in the ad break, it goes without saying that your website needs to be mobile optimised and fast loading.
- Use Video and more Video - Video is king! ISM’s 2016 – 17 average spend on TV-synced video ad integrations was almost double that for display ads. And by Cisco Forecast ‘s estimate, video will form 80% of all consumer-based traffic by 2019.
- Provide an Offer - Your audience is unlikely to actually buy in the small search timeframe available. But encourage brand engagement and a start down the sales funnel with enticements such as an app download/campaign, newsletter signup, discount coupons etc.
- Align your Content - When aligning with your TVC, make sure your digital copy fully complements and matches it – particularly when it comes to core phrasings, CTAs and pricing.
Partner with the experts
Cross device marketing is rapidly becoming a mainstay of the advertising landscape. So if you want your brand to own the moment far beyond TVCs, get in touch with the team at Impulse Screen Media at email@example.com.